TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can't turn off SAP. Kritika gave me instructions from chat…

Customer Question
I can't turn off...

I can't turn off SAP. Kritika gave me instructions from chat room but after pressing gear I can't find language to highlight

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

This TV is about 20 years old 2003, I think this is the model number 2ops43s301 or B2000301-81787772 Phillips

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I don't know I was asleep, my son told me when I got up, this happened a couple of months ago. is there someone I can call to walk me thru it?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No I would just like to turn it off

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
11/19/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 5 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Philips TV.

And, is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed?
Or is there a cable box or even a satellite receiver?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Still, consider disabling the SAP feature in the cable box and not in the TV.

These are the numbers on my set 2ops50s301, B2000301-81787772
Cable box and no SAP feature on box

Hi again,

Please re-check the numbers.

I am disabled and I have checked the model number this is the only number E108399
Cable box Xfinity

I understand and appreciate the additional information.

To access Audio Language Settings:

• Press the xfinity button on your remote.
  • Highlight Settings (the gear icon) and press OK on your remote.
  • Highlight Language and press OK on your remote.
  • Use the down arrow on your remote to highlight Secondary Audio Programming (SAP). Press OK to turn SAP on or off.
There is no language settings
I give up just refund the money

Done; "...refund the money..." relayed to Customer Support.
Please do not post a reply so as not to re-open the question thread.

Louie, Technician