TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I’m looking for some tv repair help. The tv is a Samsung…

Customer Question
Hi, I’m looking for some...
Hi, I’m looking for some tv repair help. The tv is a Samsung PN59D530A3FXZA. It started randomly turning off an immediately back in, but with no picture. After unplugging it for a bit, it works again for anywhere from 5-30 minutes, but then same thing happens. After tons of online reading, I replaced the y-sustain board as well as both y-buffers. Now the tv just goes into a continuous restart loop as soon as it is plugged in. I removed the y-sustain board altogether and the restart loop continues. My next guess is the power supply board, but I’m not sure why the problem suddenly began...help please!!
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 3 days by:
11/21/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem is not the power supply board- it's your Mainboard. That's the only board in the TV that can cause the set to cycle itself off and back on again. The power board can cause the set to shut off, but NEVER to turn back on. The Mainboard controls the on/off function and the Samsung service notes back in 2009 also stated whenever the set cycles itself off and back on- it's a Mainboard issue.

I'm finding the Mainboard available at the link below for $50 (it is recommended to check the part number off of the board inside of your set to make sure it matches however):

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/samsung-pn59d530a3fxza-main-board-bn41-01799a-bn97-06528b-bn94-04343l/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAus_QBRDgARIsAIRGNGhmIq4WlIpuPaQeBuW9IyjVTzegaux_tv1Q3xSr093kqHf1f1_gbVoaAr5YEALw_wcB

Please view my reply for the answer to your question.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?