TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have an mx195 that was purchased in 2006; recently the…

Customer Question
We have an mx195...

We have an mx195 that was purchased in 2006; recently the picture quality has deteriorated in that the picture is blurry and when first turned on is actually crocked on the screen

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

We've already replaced the bulb once; could this be a bulb issue again?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

After a period of time the picture straightens out (i.e. is not crooked anymore) however it's still blurry

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/18/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Please confirm the full make and model number of the device?

Toshiba MX195, 62"
1080p HDTV (if that helps)

Thanks for that, the 62" MX195 is a rear projection TV, and the convergence can sometimes go out of sync and cause the picture to appear blurry on these TVs.

To fix this, try the following:

1. Allow the TV to run for at least an hour first.

2. Then press the Menu button on the remote control, go to Setup and select Convergence. Use the Automatic Convergence option if it is available on your particular model.

3. It may take up to 10 minutes for the convergence to run, and you should then see a menu on the display.

4. When the convergence setup menu appears, adjust the Red Center Convergence first - use the arrow buttons to move the cross graphic on the screen. Press OK when complete.

5. Adjust the Blue Center Convergence next.

6. Press the Menu button on the remote control and select Sharpness. Adjust the sharpness to get a good picture.

Let me know if that works for you?

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
Please ensure you are logged in to submit the rating on your question page.
Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Hi, I don't have a convergence option in my setup menu. I've looked under other sub menus but can't locate convergence anywhere.

If there is no convergence option try adjusting the sharpness and let me know if that works?
It should be in the menu under Video - Picture Settings.

Sorry, I am traveling for the holiday so haven't had a chance to try the next suggestion.
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago

That is fine, you can reply back after your holiday.

Enjoy your holidays! :)
Pete.