TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I change the channel or put up the volume sometimes the…

Customer Question
When I change the...

When I change the channel or put up the volume sometimes the screen goes blank green or purple and turns off and then on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

S8000F 5 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes menu works. It happens when on cable or on the smart part when I play netflix

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A few weeks. Some days I can watch Netflix for an hour without it and other times it just turns a fuzzy color and turns off and on constantly.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

It’s worse with cable. Is it a tube?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
11/18/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

That looks like the series, could you give me the complete model number of the tv instead?

Does this happen with anything other than cable like dvd?