TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Thanks Pearl I just hooked up a UN46F6300 that was given to…

Customer Question
Thanks Pearl I just...

Thanks Pearl I just hooked up a UN46F6300 that was given to me and Its paired to Directv remote successfully, however, upon startup it always goes to antenna input (snowscreen) and I cant get it to start at any of the HDMI inputs (Directv). Any thoughts?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

Samsung UN46F6300 and I have tried the various remote buttons, and I even terminated the RF (antenna ) input. On the source menu, the antenna appears first-- left, and it is not grayed out, although there is nothing in the RF input on the monitor.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works fine.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was given this a bit ago, and it has always been the case. I just plugged the Blu Ray into HDMI 2 and the problem followed when I shut off and recycled power, it reverted to antenna input snowscreen

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

If I use the manual power button on the back, it does the same and shows up as CH. 3

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/18/2017
TV Technician: hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer replied 8 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer

Hello there the TV should retain the same channel when it was turned off.

Common reasons for this is not using the TV remote power button to turn the TV on, but using the channel up/down button on the remote to turn on the TV.

Turning off the TV power at the wall so that it forgets the settings.

What happens if you leave the Direct TV on and then turn the TV on/off does it turn on and switch to the HDMI input please?