TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I transfer memory stick information to MP4 which my…

Customer Question
How do I transfer memory...
How do I transfer memory stick information to MP4 which my Samsung TV can read/display?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/18/2017
TV Technician: hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer replied 8 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer

Hello what type of information is it that you want to view on your Samsung TV please?

Are you saying that the information is currently not a MP4 file?

It is MP4 but my TV cannot read it.
When I click on Samsung TV port I get error message with registration number and instructed to go to divx.
Could I email error message?
I meant to write “Samsung TV USB port.”

There is a free Divx converter programme that you can try.

Click me

During the install, untick all boxes except the converter. Also untick the Winzip programme box as you don't need that. After install select your mp4 file and then choose the Divx for HD and start the converter. Does the TV play it now please?

I installed the Divx on my desktop computer.
As instructed I just ticked the converter.
Then I inserted the memory stick in CPU. When I clicked on "computer" I can see all the files so I dragged one file (movie) to the Divx converter. Something happened. I guess it converted the file. What am I supposed to do to view it on TV? Burn to disk? Can I download Divx converter to TV?
Are you there now?
TV Technician: hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer replied 7 months ago

Hello sorry for the delay but I am in South Africa.

You should only need to put this new Divx movie on your USB memory stick and plug it into your TV's USB port. Then use the media player on the TV to select this movie.

If this doesn't work then please attach a photo of the Divx error you see when you try to play the mp4 movie from the USB memory stick. You can attach a photo using the paper clip icon on the top right corner of your chat window.

Do I put it in the same memory stick or a different one?

You can put it on the same memory stick

Your TV will only show you the files that it can read. You should see the Divx file listed.

can you take over my desk top?