TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv turns on again, after being turned off. It. Reverts to…

Customer Question
My tv turns on...

My tv turns on again, after being turned off. It. Reverts to the desktop for Netflix, Amazon, etc. this also happens while I am watching tv...it just reverts to the desktop in the middle of a program. My cable provider checked and said it is above problem, not a cable problem.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?

Insignia 39” 1080p LaeD TV

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu appears. Yes, I have the problem on all sources.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About two weeks. Nothing “happened” that I know of.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No matter what remote I use (Cable, Harmony, Insignia) to turn off the tv, it still comes back on.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/18/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you please tell me the complete model number from the back of the tv?