TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv is saying its on timer and it keeps cutting off. what…

Customer Question
My tv is saying...

My tv is saying its on timer and it keeps cutting off. what can i do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Just a minute i have to check

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Ok its about 7 years old and it is a wega model

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 day by:
11/19/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...7 years old and it is a wega ..."
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

The described symptom almost always points to an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?

Equally important, could you make use of the repair/Service Manual or at the very least, the schematic diagrams?

Perhaps more importantly, would you be comfortable working on the inside circuitry? ...LIVE?