TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Sanyo TV, which is about 10 years old, we can use the TV…

My Sanyo TV, which...

My Sanyo TV, which is about 10 years old, we can use the TV but cannot hear it anymore. I must admit I was pressing all the buttons on the right side of the TV to enhance the volume. We can see the programs but cannot hear any of them. I pressed each one thinking it would get better nut no. Can you tell us how to fix it manually?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sanyo is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I will check, it was bought in 2010.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Model# *****:DPA42840-00

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Serial # B025063981973 Okay, can you help us?

11/18/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you tell me....are you using a Cable Box with the set please?

using cable box

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, give the box a few minutes to bootup, and then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Aric, Technician
Looking forward to have our TV back��
We did it as explained and it now works! Thank you Aric

You're welcome!

Aric, Technician