TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Several problems. Picture is and in black and. Some times…

Customer Question
Several problems. Picture...

Several problems. Picture is doubled and in black and white. Some times the tv turns itself off.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

M550sv Bought it in March of 2012

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just recently, the tv was unhooked for a couple months for home improvement. When they hooked it up it was fine for a few seconds and then got all funky

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

We double checked all the connections, they seem fine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/17/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Thank you. It would be nice to watch tv this evening

Have you re-booted the set?un-plugged the set from wall-power wait 5 mins re-plug back in again?if not please do that and let me know the results please

we have done that
anything else?
yoo hoo, got any more ideas?

There must be a time zone issue here, if the picture is double that is not very encouraging, press the menu button of the sets OWN remote is the menu doubled too?or is this perfectly normal please?

Tv won't stay on long enough to get to the menu

OK when the set shuts down following all what you have said what happens with the powerlight or VIZIO light on the front of the set?

Picture came on now but it's not full screen. Menu is ok

Its really sounding like a bad main-board but I am not sure, could you take a photo of the issue and upload with the "add files" button?