TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sharp over the counter microwave oven model #R-1211…

Customer Question
I have a Sharp...

I have a Sharp over the counter microwave oven model #R-1211 that does not show the LED light display. Is it possible to get this fixed? I am in zip code 34236

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I believe it is about 6-8 yrs old and it says Sharp Carousel R-1211; over the counter style

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

What is the TV menu? What isn't working is the LED display box. Actually, it works but numbers are indistinct

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just bought the house. It wasn't working when I moved in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Can it be fixed and who is authorized to do it. Is it expensive?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/17/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to answer your question today regarding your microwave display.

Give me just a moment to pull up the details on it.

It sounds like it would be cheaper to replace the unit than it would be to repair it. There could be one of two things wrong with it. The main control board usually runs about $60 for retail or the display board which runs about $40-60. There would be further diagnostics to determine which one is the issue. Labor would probably be double the part. You're looking at over $100 to $200 to repair it by an authorized shop.

Let me know if you have any other questions! If not, please help me by rating me in the top right hand corner (hopefully 5 stars!)

ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service