TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Trying to use TV Antenna input rather than the Direct TV…

Customer Question
Trying to use TV...

Trying to use TV Antenna input rather than the Direct TV satellite. TV will scan for channels, but does not memorize any of them.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?

Not sure make and model. samsung 55" with 4 HDMI inputs. Just moved across states. worked fine before the move, but not now.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works. No problems streaming devices or with the Direct TV input. Wanted to connect an antenna to the TV, but it won't "Learn" any channels. It goes through them all, but none are memorized

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Before the move, there was no problem. I could use the antenna to receive broadcast tv over the air. Now, immediately after the move to another state, I can't because of this problem.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/17/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of your TV? Also what antenna do you have? Have you tried an antenna locator site to see what channel you "should" be getting?