TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Smart TV- large screen- bought 2012. The Smart hub…

Customer Question
I have a Smart...

I have a Smart TV- large screen- bought 2012. The Smart hub has been reset by Samsung via phone/ and giving them access. For 2 weeks, Netflicks freezes up as does the Amazon App. to even turn off the TV, I have to unplug it. My other smaller TV now is doing the same thing. I can watch regular TV on both units - but no Netflicks.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

Model: UN50ES6150F(xza)

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Samsung. Model: UN50ES6150F(xza)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Been a serious issue for past 2 weeks. Problem was with logging into Netflcks - which took time. Then, if I got in to NF, the program would freeze up and could not get out of the program. Had to unplug the TV. to turn it off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I have had 3 lengthly conversations with Samsung, and they did a reset on the Smart Hub. THen next day, same problem. Also spoke wth AT&T yesterday. and with Netflicks 3 weeks ago and yesterday. All had their little book of steps to take me through. But nothing has lasted longer than a few minutes.

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

The inability of "experts" being able to help with this. Is my TV beyond repair? I have had problems with the 2 Samsung TV's beginning 8 months after owning the first one - the large one.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/18/2017
TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 8 months ago
Ronald Brock

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today. A few clarifying questions before we get started. Are you using your own wireless router or the one provided to you from AT&T? Are you having any issues with wifi with the rest of your devices in your home?