TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do i connect my iphone to watch videos to my sharp 70…

Customer Question
How do i connect...

How do i connect my iphone to watch videos to my sharp 70 le660u smart tv?? thanks

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2014 lc 60le650u

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

3 weeks can't think of anything that came up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

It's not just my phone my mac computer and my wife's phone too

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
11/17/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 9 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

While there is no way for the Apple devices to DIRECTLY mirror their content to the TV (the TV simply does not have that capability), there IS a way to do it with an external device. The Google Chromecast "Ultra" allows "mirroring" of your Apple devices onto the TV. You plug the Chromecast Ultra into one of the TV's HDMI ports and then use the user platform of the Chromecast. That device can be purchased at the link below for $60:

https://www.target.com/p/google-chromecast-ultra-black/-/A-51466773?sid=1255S&ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_DVM+0060H00000jfiPpQAI-Google-Q4-2017-Paid%20Search-Flight_AO&adgroup=PLA_Google%20Q4&LID=700000001393753pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9001641&fndsrc=tmn&DFA=1&gclid=CKiIuPasxtcCFYWsswodJTUFMA&gclsrc=ds

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?