TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Every 2-3 minutes this Sanyo TV makes a clicking sound and…

Customer Question
Every 2-3 minutes this...

Every 2-3 minutes this Sanyo TV makes a clicking sound and streaks of white light go across the scream, about every 3-4 hours the sounds goes off. I turn the TV off and back on again and the sound is back.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

This TV is less than 6 months old

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No, we have done nothing to it since the day we bought it and hooked it up

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/17/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand, these symptoms directly indicate a failure of the Mainboard in the TV. This is bad news and a very premature failure for sure! There is nothing on a user level you can do to fix this, as it's caused by a defective part inside of the TV. That said, you would need to contact Sanyo using the info below to start a warranty repair ticket on the set to fix the issue.

http://sanyo-av.com/support/index.php

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?