TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I've had my tv for a couple of years (love it) but today get…

Customer Question
I've had my tv...

I've had my tv for a couple of years (love it) but today get a message on the screen that I need to insert my smart card. Never seen this before and can't get it to go away. What should I do? Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Give me a minute and I'll go to my living room to find out. I'm on the other side of the house.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

No typing on the tv so not sure what the model is. It's a 50 or 55" inch plasma flat screen. First time it's ever occurred. I've unplugged and plugged it back in to restart it. Was working fine for couple of minutes then the insert card came up again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

It's about 2-3 years old

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
11/17/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 5 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of your TV please?

Give me a minute and I'll go look

Okay.

cancel my request. no one called. waste of time. expect full refund
Louie, Technician