TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The Activity Data Terms Conditions 'Accept' button does not…

Customer Question
The Activity Data Terms...

The Activity Data Terms Conditions 'Accept' button does not work. I press the Accept but it does nothing.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

E434-D2 I bouhgt it 11/2016

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works and no issues with source or input. I see Hulu, Netflex and other options behind the Decline and Accept but, when I push Accept nothing happens.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Today is the first time I connection the TV to the Internet. Everything loaded with no issues. Just will not except me selecting 'Accept'.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/17/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Thank you

This sounds simply like a Vizio glitch (which we see commonly).

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Then try running through the steps you did previously and see if it allows you to Accept. Let me know what happens please.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

Trying them now

Thank you.

Still does not work

What exactly is it you're trying to "Accept" please? Can you elaborate?

The Activity Data Terms & Conditions screen. The options are Decline or Accept. I press Accept and nothing happens.

I understand that, but what ACTIVITY are you trying to accept- which APP?

Smart cast

Okay, I'm not familiar with Smart Cast. I will opt out.

I connect to internet with no issues. It installed and updated. The last step is to decline or accept and nothing happens after I press accept. The decline & Accept just sit there