TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The sound won’t work in the tv. Never had problems before.

The sound won’t work...

The sound won’t work in the tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?

Never had problems before. Make and model is e43e2

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu button does not work, and we have the same problem on all sources

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Problem just started last night. Nothing happened before

11/17/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Sound is still not working

Did you try another source like a DVD player to CONFIRM the issue is not simply the cable box?

Okay, this indicates a hardware failure in the TV- and there are no pushbutton fixes for this I'm afraid. How old is the TV please- is it less than or over one year from the date of purchase?

It is less than one year old

Unfortunately this will need to be repaired by Vizio under warranty, and it is a common issue with their newer sets. You can contact them using the info below:

VIZIO:

If you find the set is less than a year old, you can contact Vizio for repairs:

How to Get Service

Before obtaining warranty service, you may visit www.vizio.com for additional help and troubleshooting. To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email at***@******.*** or via phone at 877 MY VIZIO(###) ###-####. The VIZIO Technical Support hours are 5:00AM to 9:00PM Monday through Friday and 7:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Pacific Time.

Your Obligations Before Service

You must obtain pre-authorization before sending your product to a VIZIO service center. You may be required to supply a purchase receipt (or copy) to show that the product is within the warranty period.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?
Aric, Technician