TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a samsung un60d6000 and it is a smart tv. When I try…

I have a samsung...

I have a samsung un60d6000 and it is a smart tv. When I try to connect to my wireless to get to netflicks it is telling me I need some type of USB stick. I do not recall that one came with the tv and I have several other samsung tv's purchased later and they don't need this adapter. How do I get one?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

It was purchased in 2011/2012 60 inch It has nothing to do with turning the tv off and on. It is asking for an adapter small device to be plugged in.....and shows a stick type image with samsung written on it.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No the tv menu works and gets me to what I need it just states I need this for wireless.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have never connected it to wireless before. It is not that is started and worked and stopped. Again, it is telling me I need a samsung type stick to insert into the USB. Can you pull up the model of this and give me the details on the type of stick that I need to purchase?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just to tell me what I need to order for the samsung stick. It is simple, it is some type of plug and play adapter to find the wifi

11/17/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

This TV is older so it pre-dates built in Wi Fi and needs the USB network adapter. That unit is not made any longer (and not available directly from Samsung either), but it can be purchased at the link below through eBay for your set:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Samsung-TV-WiFi-Dongle-Wireless-Network-USB-2-0-LAN-Adapter-WIS12ABGNX-/142302400363?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275

Do you need further assistance with this?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician