TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 2016 Samsung Smart tv and can’t load the showtime…

Customer Question
I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 Samsung Smart tv and can’t load the showtime app. It’s not in Categories or What’s New or Most Popular. How to add it?.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No, haven’t tried that but easily added HBO, Starz, etc because they are already there. Showtime is not on any menu!

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes TV menu works.. Had no problems with other apps.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

My Dad thinks he may have deleted the app by mistake.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope...that’s it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 day by:
11/18/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model number of the tv?

Nathan,Thanks for the response. I was setting up my Dad’s new Smart TV and Showtime was not in Categories. I returned home and looked on my own Smart TV and see Showtime is not available. So, he didn’t delete it accidentally. It’s simply not offered.So, I intend to end my trial membership on Just Answer. I see I’ve already been charged $28.00 even though it’s supposed to be a 7 day trial membership. I will see what I can do about that. Not good.Regards,Mark Schaefer

Hi Mark, sorry I wasn't able to answer you earlier, as I didn't have the model number of the tv to do so. That is correct, showtime is not offered on these models as an option, to get that you'd need to use an external streaming device like a roku or fire tv, which will give you access to hundreds more apps and are also much better supported in terms of updates.

You were charged the appropriate amount for what you agreed to on the payment page. The site offers a trial option, if you opt to continue on with a monthly subscription then that first week is credited in that, otherwise you're paying the one time free for a single use if you don't continue on.

Nathan,Thanks for the clarification. But, I entered into this agreement only after gaining an understanding that there was a 7 day trial period. If what you say is true, I feel I was misled. In addition, the service did not serve me in any way.Please pass my sentiments to the JA leadership. I would like my $28 returned!Regards,Mark Schaefer

We're all independent techs, I have no control over any billing or account matters. The fees should have been clearly explained on the payment page when signing up.

I provided the information I could based on the limited info presented, and provided some alternative options for how he could get the app he wants.

You may self manage any billing matters from the help page. Unfortunately in doing so that is forcing me to work for free for my time spent in good faith to help you.