TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I bought the smart tv JUST for netflix......its not

connecting to it at all...
I bought the smart tv JUST for netflix......its not connecting to it at all. get an error code ui-800-3 and talked to netflix and we tried unplugging it and holding the on/off button 30 seconds and didn't help. after researching this it looks like it is a problem with vizio and it will never work? Is that right? if so, i want to return the tv to get a different brand that netflix works better with....its on their website and vizio didn't make the list. help please
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: i just bought it a month ago and the model name on the tv system information is D32f-e1 Version v7.1.13
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes and every other app works and just tried you-tube and it works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: since the day i bought the tv. i had century link come out and increase my speed to 40 as well. he connected the tv to the internet and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work......after researching it seems that ALOT of people have the same problem and some never got it working??
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just that.....thank you
11/17/2017
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist you today with your Netflix issue.

Just to confirm, you do have internet on the TV because you can go to Youtube, correct?

i can pull up everything else and it states the tv is connected to my centurylink wifi

Excellent. I have some steps to try. Let me know if you've already done this or if you're not able to do this. I want to try this and then we can try manage the firmware in the TV to see if that is the issue.

Sign out of Netflix

1. On the error screen in the Netflix app, select More Info or More Details and continue to Step 2. If you don't see More Info or More Details, continue below.
    • Navigate up and select Settings or the Gear icon and continue to Step 2. If you don't have Settings or the Gear icon , continue below.
      • Pull up the deactivation screen by entering the following sequence using the arrow keys on your device's remote:
        • Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up
  2. Select Reset.
    • If you do not see Reset, select Sign Out or Deactivate.
  3. Once you are signed out, sign back in and try Netflix again.
ok ill try it

Okay!

I do have the more details button and when I click on that it comes up with "Are you sure that you want to reset netflix on this device? yes or no.....and when I click on yes it restarts netflix and comes up with the same error code as before "netflix has encountered an error. retrying in 59 seconds Code: ui-800-3 (106038)

Hmm! Give me just a moment to look into the firmware update for your TV. I need to locate and type up the exact steps.

okay thank you

It doesn't look like they have a firmware update option. What we could do is do a factory reset which would remove any apps that you've added and any settings that you've set since you've had the TV. If you don't care about those items, I can provide those steps to try.

To restore the TV to its factory default settings:

1. Press the MENU button on the remote. The on-screen menu is displayed.

2. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight System and press OK. The SYSTEM menu is displayed.

3. Highlight Reset & Admin and press OK. The RESET & ADMIN menu is displayed.

4. Highlight Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press OK.

i will try it.

While you do that, I am reaching out to Vizio for a firmware update option if I am missing it. Since you've done all the hard troubleshooting at this point, we know it's isolated with the Netflix software.

Can you find the serial number of the TV for me?

i just registered the tv as well when the reset happened. i will try netflix after i find the serial number

Okay. They are asking for it from Vizio so they can verify the details about it.

TV SN. 18LTTUVMDT17564

Thank you!

Did Netflix do the same thing?

no the only thing they did was to have me turn off the tv and uplug it and hold the on/off button on the tv for 30 and try it again. it didnt work and they said they are working on things on their end??? and I just tried Netflix again after tv reset and same error??? URGH

I'm sorry! We'll get this going for sure. I'm making progress with Vizio right now.

Thank you. The only reason I got the smart tv is to watch netflix.....:(

I don't think these steps are the ones I had you try. They are worded differently but let's try this one.

Please press the MENU button on the VIZIO remote, go to System > System Info and scroll to the bottom of the menu and select Service Check. Select yes. Next, turn off the TV for 5 minutes (do not unplug). Let me know when you power the TV on again.

ok

How old is your TV? If worst case, are you able to return it or is it out of the return window?

I can't exactly remember but I know it hasn't been 30 days let....maybe but not much over that. I turned it off about a minute ago. I will let you know when I power it on again. I don't have my reciept from best buy??? Never thought I would have this problem and I have been swamped and have spent HOURS today working on this and some yesterday with Centurylink guy even trying.......

If it's not returnable, you can easily get Netflix with an Amazon Fire Stick for about $40 from Amazon. Easy to setup and connect to your wifi. It plugs into your HDMI cable port. You could get one of those and I could help you set it up under the same question (not extra). That's if you can't return it of course.

I'm very curious to see if it's working now with the firmware update.

ok. let me turn it on
nope...didn't work
it might be worth getting the amazon fire stick...my time is extra and more then 40 lol. i would like help setting it up when i get it. would order it today
do the fire sticks need updated regularly? so you have to keep buying on or does it last forever. I may have to set my sons stupid wii up again. hated that.....urgh

Not typically. They update on their own cause they are always on the internet.

Do you mind doing the reset again. They are asking that we try that again since we reregistered the TV.

i can do that

Please reset your TV to factory settings using the following steps:
-Press the Menu button on the VIZIO remote.
-Select the System option.
-Select Reset and Admin.
-Select Reset TV to Factory Defaults.

i don't have to register again do I?

I don't believe so

Do i leave it off again for 5?

Just a minute is fine

just turned it off

Okay you can turn it back on

URGH nope

Ok, need to gather some specific information from your TV. To access this information press menu on your TV remote, select System, System Info and tell me what version, UID, NP, WLAN MAC and REG say.

ok gonna send one at time possibly...long list to search UID 374270 TV SN: 18LTTUVMDT17564 Version: V7.1.13 Model Name: D32f-E1
WLAN MAC: C4:1C:FF:8A:82:47 REG: YES NP: 11

Great!

One last test...

In the app menu go to the Vudu application and press the OK button on your VIZIO remote. Select Browse, arrow over to the gear/settings icon between search and sign-up and press the OK button. Use the arrow keys to go down to "Playback Quality" and press the OK button. Then arrow down to "Run Test" and press the OK button. From there select "Start Test". What were the results of the test?

ok :)
Status testing in progress about half way
We Recommend HDX
The network speed test shows that your home network and internet connection will be able to play videos up to HDX quality
did i lose you.....my computer died lol sorry

Thank you! I'm still working with them to get the best solution. Nope! I am still here.

ok....i don't want to start over lol

Just in case, you can save this page to your bookmarks, even for if you decided on getting the Fire Stick so you can send me a message later on.

okay thanks I might be able to figure it out but just in case. do you have to buy one for each tv? even though the other tvs may not be smart tvs?

It looks like they want to connect with you directly to discuss more options possibly about eventually changing it out. It's probably under warranty so they'll be trying to fix or replace it. Is it okay to share your phone number with them and what is your phone number and your name to share?

Yeah, the fire stick works off your internet and only works on the TV it is connected to. So it doesn't matter how old the TV is as long as it has an HDMI port on it.

That is fine Teresa Mendenhall(###) ###-####

Okay! They should be contacting you more about it. Let me know what they end up doing. I like to know the resolution for these things for future reference! Also, like I was saying, you can also send me a message on here if you do need some help with setting it up. No problem at all!

If you don't mind rating me on the top right as well, that will help keep this question locked to me so you won't have to start all over either.

i am on work call

Oh ok, I am sure they send that information over to the tech and someone will follow up with you at some point. At worst case, they'll leave a message for you.

ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service
Thanks for all your help.

No problem! Thank you for being patient with me!

ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service