TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a Vizio TV Model #D50u-D1. Went out to dinner and…

Customer Question
We have a Vizio...

We have a Vizio TV Model #D50u-D1. Went out to dinner and left it on- came back and it was off and have not been able to power it back on. Have tried the options in the quick start guide- any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

One year old-give or take a little. Model D50u-D1, Serial # LTMWTQGS5154895

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Cannot power on to use menu- no problem with other sources/inputs.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

First time it has happened- about 4 days ago. We were not there when it powered off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that's all I can tell you about it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/17/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Are there ANY signs of life on the Vizio at all right now (power light lit, etc.)? Also, if you press the manual power button located on the lower left hand rear corner of the TV- is there any response?

No signs of life at all, and no response from the manual power button.
I would suggest trying to find proof of purchase to see if you're within a year or not, as these sets are very prone to premature failures. Secondly, did you unplug the set, press and hold the power button on the TV itself for 10 seconds, release and then plug it back in to try and hard reboot it yet?
I have tried that- will try again.
Please try that up to three times and let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Tried that again and got no sign of life from the TV.

Can you find any proof of purchase to determine if the set is less than or over a year please?

If you find the set is less than a year old, you can contact Vizio for repairs: How to Get ServiceBefore obtaining warranty service, you may visit www.vizio.com for additional help and troubleshooting. To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email at***@******.*** or via phone at 877 MY VIZIO(###) ###-####. The VIZIO Technical Support hours are 5:00AM to 9:00PM Monday through Friday and 7:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Pacific Time.Your Obligations Before ServiceYou must obtain pre-authorization before sending your product to a VIZIO service center. You may be required to supply a purchase receipt (or copy) to show that the product is within the warranty period.

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $200-$250 parts and labor, and if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?