TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Invalid format after roku letter bounce. LG 425DC-UC worked…

Customer Question
Invalid format after roku...

Invalid format after roku letter bounce

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

LG 425DC-UC worked fine a week ago 2008

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV works fine on hdmi 1 dvd and TV, just not hdmi 2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I had to take entertainment center down to put in new flooring. Coming back up only roku on hdmi 2 doesn't work

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/17/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 9 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What is the exact message you get when you try to put the Roku on the TV?

Please let me know

34;invalid format"

Thank you

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Did but didn't work. then unplugged and re-plugged roku to see if that helped. "Invalid Format" still the message.

Can you get to the settings on the Roku?

No. Roku forums indicated that v.8.0 upgrade could be the problem, but I don't see any way to revert to 7.7
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago

There is no option to revert, but 8 is also not the issue here