TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

All of a sudden when we turned it on tonight and wanted to…

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

All of a sudden when we turned it on tonight and wanted to watch a dvd that was taped today we could not switch to the component mode which has been in the second location, but now is in the last and the screen mirroring is in that position and I cannot get to the compnent.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Samsung model 32J5205A

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu seems to to be

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's been alright until this evening. Watch a live broadcast at noon and shut off.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, give the box a few minutes to reboot, and then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Let me know if the Inputs respond accordingly.

Please follow the steps below:

Were you able to try those steps, and are you still having the same problem?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

but the only button I found on the unit was on the bottom of the tv that looked like it might be a on off button

Okay, I need more info then.

1) Did you reboot the cable box by unplugging it?

2) What devices are connected to the TV specifically, and what Input on the TV are being used?

3) What do you see on the screen with each Input selection?

same old same old
no cable box. just a transfer box from cable, sat, or ant.
Just a dvd player recorder.
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 7 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV issue. Let me research your TV and I will be right back.
When you push the source button on your Samsung TV remote ( not the cable box remote) are you able to change inputs ? If you do keep pressing the source button until you get to HDMI 1 and see if you get your picture back. Please let me know.
If you are still unable to change inputs, please try a factory reset. I attached for you a link how to do it.
http://www.samsung.com/au/support/skp/faq/1039433
Let me know if you having difficulties.
Hello just checking if you have any other questions ? Thanks
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 6 months ago
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your question. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician