TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My 50 in TV after being on for awhile losses it's volume for

My 50 in TV after...
My 50 in TV after being on for awhile losses it's volume for a few seconds what can I do to fix it
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic HD flat screen not sure about model and it's about 7 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's been a couple of weeks I tried to check the cables to make sure they are tight and not loose
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time
11/17/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you get me the model number off of the back of the TV?

Also, what is playing on the set when the volume goes out (is there a cable box)?

If you switch the source over to another source- like a DVD player does it still lose sound then?

Are you still with me here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tyes trying to get the model # TC-P50S1 I THINK THAT'S IT NOT SURE.

Thanks for the reply- and that's it! What I;m trying to determine is it's the TV itself- or perhaps a glitch with the cable box/DVR, etc. So have you tried any other source- like a DVD player to see if the sound also drops out when viewing that?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do not have a DVD player

Okay. There's no way to determine if it's your cable box or the TV causing the issue without trying something else on the TV. However it's very common for cable boxes to exhibit this issue. You are using a cable box, correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HD cable box

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, give the box a few minutes to reboot, and then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player or another cable box on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you I will try that in the am not able to do that at this moment .

You're welcome and no problem! You can reply back at anytime even after the question is rated. Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will.

Thank you and best of luck!

Aric, Technician