TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My TV Samsung HD Smart TV worked fine yesterday morning, I…

My TV Samsung HD...

My TV Samsung HD Smart TV worked fine yesterday morning, I turned it on today and there is no picture butn sound is fine, screen is black

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

Samsung UN40H5203AFXZA

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No the remote doesn't work, I do have it tied in with cable box

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing happened that I am aware of. Went to bed and next morning no picture it hasn't worked for 48 hours . The upstairs TV works fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I have rechecked all of the connections to see if some thing is loose but didn't find anything loose

11/17/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Let me know when you are ready

im ready

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

No just let me know what I can try
Please try this:-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.REPLY back here and tell me what happens.
we unplugged power cord and replugged in and still no picture but perfect sound

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop but that will end up costing more than a 40" tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician