TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a new remote and need to program it to my Visio tv.

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new remote and need to program it to my Visio tv

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Vo32l

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I bought a new remote today and can't program it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
11/17/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What remote is it that you are trying to use?

Sony RM- Z320

Thank you,

there are a few codes that fit with your tv for this remote: 00864, 00885, 01756, 01758

Ok now what do I do?

To program the remote:

1. Turn on the tv.
  2. On the remote control, press and hold the SET button until the SET indicator lights up.
  3. While holding the the SET button, press the TV button
  4. Using the number pad, enter the code, start with 00864
    • The SET indicator light will flash three times and turn off.
  5. Point the remote control at the component and press the POWER button.

If that does not work, try the others