TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Song 55 inch 3-D smart TV No picture

Customer Question
Sam song 55 inch 3-D...
Sam song 55 inch 3-D smart TV
No picture
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/16/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

How long have you owned the set for please? Also, upon initial startup- does the Samsung welcome logo display?

Are you there and do you need assistance with this?

The TV was purchased March 15,2013
yes everything was setup and working very well until a week ago in the middle of a show the TV went blank
the sound still come on no picture

Thanks for the reply. So, when you first power the TV on- does the Samsung logo display even for a second- yes or no please?

Nothing comes on the screen

Okay, this indicates a hardware failure in the set- more specifically, the lighting in the screen has failed.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

their is a signal and sound no menu or picture
When wil you get back to me
I tried unplugging and turning the TV on and off several times still does not have a picture
Thank you
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 8 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, it appears your question is still open, and the prior expert has opted out of the question.

Do you need more help with this?

If so could you check something for me - if you hold a flashlight up to the screen can you make out any images or menus that way?