TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My TV won't come on with the remote. I changed the batteries…

Second opinion] My TV...

Second opinion] My TV won't come on with the remote. I changed the batteries and still no. Worked fine earlier.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

The TV was purchased in July. Where would I find the model number?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I don't know if the menu works as it won't turn on.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Turned it off this morning. Tried to turn it on around 10:30 and nothing. My cleaning lady bumped it, but all the cable fine

11/16/2017
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hi Cathy,

Have you checked that the power cord is securely attached to the TV and the wall power supply, and is not loose anywhere?

Have you tested the wall power supply by plugging in a lamp to confirm that it is working?

If the TV is connected to a good power supply but will not turn on then it has a fault.

Pete, Electronic Engineer
Pete, Electronic Engineer