TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I cannot get my tv to turn on. On think the remote doesn’t…

Customer Question
I cannot get my...

I cannot get my tv to turn on. On think the remote doesn’t work anymore. I changed batteries and still nothing. My tv had been in storage for a few years and worked great. I was Very careful hauling it. It there anyway to get a new remote? Is there a way to manually turn it on?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

PDP-5050sx

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I the remote always worked to turn it on befoe. I never gad to manually turn it on before. When I plugged it in the light comes on by the standby indicator.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just got it out of storage. It hasn’t worked since i got it out.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/16/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your TV question.

Give me just a moment to review your notes and load some documents on your TV.

Starting with the most basic, are you able to power the TV on manually on the set itself?

Also, are there any solid lights on the front? Are there any blinking and if so, can you count them for me. If there is a blink pattern, it will blink consistently and then pause and start over.