TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Just can’t get it to turn on. Red light stays on from remote…

Customer Question
Just can’t get it...

Just can’t get it to turn on. Red light stays on from remote activation. Screen is blank. May have something to do with standby. May have pushed stand by in the night. I have disconnected the Roku usb and made sure batteries are good in the remote. Can’t figure it out

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

No problem in past at all model is Samsung un32h5203afxza. And this is the remote that came with it.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The only function that works right now is on and off with the red led indicator on the tv now on in a steady red. I am unable to pull up anything else from the remote menu or anything I have tried many combinations. And still black screen with no input response from remote

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This has only been issue since this morning. I could not turn on. Only black screen. Nothing happened before this happened. I probably turned off the TV in the middle of the night as usual

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I did at one point disconnect the power for ten minutes or more to see if that would reset the unit. And also have left the Roku usb unplugged

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
11/16/2017
TV Technician: Joe, Technician replied 9 months ago
Joe
Joe, Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today. Please bear with me for just a min while I form my reply to you.

If I am correct in my understanding if you try to press the tv menu button that nothing happens and the screen remains black?

Also you say on/off works, if the screen is black can you tell me what occurs when you turn the tv on?

Thanks,

Joe