TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Panasonic - tcp50g25 turn it on and only a small click. I…

Customer Question
Panasonic - tcp50g25 turn...

Panasonic - tcp50g25 turn it on and only a small click

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

I sent it to you

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just watching tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

It happened a weak ago

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/16/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

no just a click
no just one click and nothing else, do you have a power supply repair kit?

Thanks

It is the internal powerboard that has faulted, it will be a faulting capacitor on it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you