TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a VS-50603, bought used. I had to buy an after market…

Customer Question
Hello. I have...

Hello. I have a VS-50603, bought used. I had to buy an after market remote. Everything was working fine. Also, it is attached to a DTV converter box, to get free air channels. Yesterday I turned on the TV, and tried to put it in the proper mode, but it only toggles back and forth, from Ant A to Ant B. Furthermore, when I go to the TV menu selection, the pip shows reception of signal. It has a picture. However, when I go to full screen mode, there is only a blue screen.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?

VS 50603

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu works.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has been an issue two days. I tried to unplug and replug TV, to possibly reset, but nothing happened

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, prior to his issue, when I used the devise button on my remote, it would scroll thru, ant -a ,ant-b, dvr, vhs, and a few other sources, now it only reflects ant-a or ant-b.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 2 days by:
11/18/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.