TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I HAVE A MODEL TC L26X1, SER # MY00120661, TO CABLE AND IT…

Customer Question
I HAVE A MODEL...

I HAVE A MODEL TC L26X1, SER # MY00120661, I'M CONNECTED TO CABLE AND IT WORKED FINE UNTIL I TRIED TO USE A UNIVERSALREMOTE TO SET THE SLEEP TIME. THE FIRST TIME IT WORKED FINE, BUT SINCE THEN IT GOES OFF IN APPROX 10 MINUTES AND THEONLY WAY TO TURN IT ON IS TO PULL THE PLUG AND THEN TURN ON, HOWEVER IT STILL GOES OFF QUICKLY. DID I SCREW UP THE SETTING WHEN I USED THE UNIVERSAL FOR SLEEP TIMER

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

I HAVE A PANASONIC MODEL TC L26Z1, SER #MY00120661. WHEN I CONNECTED IT TO CABLE IT WORKED FINE UNTIL I USED A UNIVERSAL REMOTE TO SET THE TIMER (DID NOT HAVE TH E ORIGINAL REMOTE) THE FIRST TIME THE TV STAYED ON FOR THE ALLOTTED SLEEP TIME, HOWEVER SINCE THEN WITHOUT SETTING THE TIMER IT GOES OFF INAPPROXIMATELY 10 MINUTES OR LESS AND THE ONLY WAY IT COMES BACK ON IS TO PULL THE PLUG AND THEN PLUG IT IN AGAIN, BUT THE TIMING IS STILLTHE SAME

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I Hv no idea what to try and do for it. The cable remote works fine if the TV will stay on. when I use the universal remote to set the sleep timer it sets it, but as I;ve said before it won't stay on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything = just need to know how to correct it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
What is the response time approximate?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/16/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Press the Menu button on your TV's remote control, select Timer, then go through each individual timer and select them one at a time and check that they are set to OFF.

Unfortunately I tried your suggestion and it will not go from timer to the following sets. TV still goes off after a few minutes.
Will not stay on now.

Ok, then it sounds like an internal power supply fault rather than a menu setting.

The power supply board will need to be tested and repaired.