TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sylvania tv. Flatscreen/LCD, and one day I turned…

Customer Question
I have a Sylvania...

I have a Sylvania tv. Flatscreen/LCD, and one day I turned it on and the only thing that will display is a message telling me to select the language. English is highlighted, but when I hit the enter button on the remote, it does nothing. I have changed the batteries in the remote, so thats not the problem. I have tried everything. It is not a comcast problem, because I tested the cable box, and it still works properly. Please help. Patricia

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sylvania is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

LC320SLX, about 5 years old. It was always working fine prior to that.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes it does.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing that I am aware of. My husband said that he didn't touch any buttons, but you know how that is. It was working fine for me, before he started watching it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No, i just want to get it working again. Thanks.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/16/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Hello Patricia,

can you try using the channel or volume up/down buttons on the tv itself to see if that will select the language option.

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.