TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The Samsung screen saver comes on about every 15 or 20

Customer Question
The Samsung screen saver...

The Samsung screen saver comes on about every 15 or 20 minutes. I push any button and it goes away

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It was a year old in June. I only know it is series 6. I don't know where I would find the model #

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just started within the last week or so

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing happens before it pops up. It just does

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/16/2017
TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

It sounds like you want to turn off the screen saver on your Samsung TV. This is the Auto Protection Time feature please follow the below steps:

This is the Auto Protection Time feature.Go to Screen Menu>System>Auto Protection Time and Select a time from the list.

Let me know if this helps.

I did turn this off and it is still happening
TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Okay, Could you please help me with the model of your TV?

TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

You can also check for this setting Please try to change the Use Mode, press MENU/123 > MENU > Support > Use Mode and select Home Use.

This setting should stop any built in pop up or screen saver thing in TV.

It is set on home use. Model is un5tj6200af
TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

I am not able to find anything with this model number are you sure this is the model number?

this is the model number on the tv
TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Can you please me in finding out the Brand name on the Smart tv?