TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I️ have a Samsung model UN40H50003AF tv with dish service

Customer Question
I️ have a Samsung model...
I️ have a Samsung model UN40H50003AF tv with dish service and i’m having difficulty turning the tv on (with the tv remote, the button on the tv itself, and the dish remote). A couple of weeks ago I️ thought it was slow coming on. Then it started taking even longer. Four days ago it took 8 minutes then the last two days it took 5 hours. I’ve been clicking the button and just waiting. Lasts two nights it has come on in the middle of the night about 5 hours after i turned it on.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: UN40H5003AF. 2 years this December
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works on dish remote. Sources/inputs. I don’t know
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I’ve noticed about the last 2-3 weeks it has been slow to come on
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2017
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 29 days ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV issue. Let me research your model and I will be right back.
I researched your model. It came up that the Main board issue not turning on the TV set, which sometimes could also be caused by a corrupted software on the board. I would recommend when the TV is working and hooked up to the internet to check for the latest firmware update. For that you bring up the menu than go all the way down to support. In there you will find software update. Then follow the prompts. Let me know if you have any issue doing that.
The Main board is not expensive, in case the firmware update does not resolve the issue. The part ranges from $34- $45 depending which version you have. For the version you have to check the back sticker, which has you model number and Serial number. Next to the Ser# ***** will see the version. Here is a link to a reputable website which sell TV parts for a reasonable price.
http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=UN40H5003
Technician labor would be roughly $65-75 to replace the board. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm more than happy to assist you with that.
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 29 days ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

No this is not the main-board or very unlikely to be, its a well known issue with samsung sets going back years,failure of elco capacitors on the POWER-BOARD so you have two options here, replace the capacitors OR replace the board, let me know if you think you can do the work yourself subject to a visual inspectionof the power-board, thanks

Anthony

TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 27 days ago
Disagree with the other Expert. This particular TV never had Capacitor issues. Therefore will opt out.
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 24 days ago

You can't "research" you are supposed to "know" are you not??anyone can research even the customer can do that,,,

This set and even later ones DO STILL suffer from capacitor issues it has to be looked into FIRST at the primary cause, because the set is showing CLASSIC symptoms of bad capacitors ....eventually it comes on....that is classic signs so although nothing is EVER ruled out the primary cause has got to be looked into first

To the customer if you want to attempt work yourself just let me know, this may not be comfortable for you to doif not please let me know that at least you will have a comprehensive idea of what needs to be done thanks

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician