TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Is there a firmware update available for model hl-s5087w?

Customer Question
Is there a firmware...

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Hl-s5087 around 2006 or 2007

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes menu works. issue happens on all inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Been an issue since i bought it, just ignored it until now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, the issue is whenever screen resolution changes, overscan is re-enabled. I've repeatedly disabled it from service menu

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/16/2017
TV Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

thank you for your time, but i got an answer from samsung. they said no update is available

Okay thank you