TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We were watching TV last night and suddenly the TV went off,

Customer Question
Hello! We were watching...

Hello! We were watching TV last night and suddenly the TV went off, black screen and a steady noise began

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It didn't stop until we unplugged it

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It's a Philips 32PFL2507/F8 It has 3-4 years The TV won't turn on, I have to keep it unplugged so that it won't make that annoying chirping noise

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I've tried other sources and it's still the same thing This just happened last night, never happened before We just turned the TV on, started to see what was on, it lasted about half an hour and then it went off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure if this might be relevant, but we moved into a new apartment 4 months ago and there have been some energy peaks (we had to change the fridge), but after we noticed that was the issue we bought stabilizers for the main appliances (TV, computer, fridge, washing machine, etc.)

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
11/15/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

So right now, exactly what happens when you unplug the tv power cord for 3 minutes then plug it back in and press power button on the tv itself?