TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have model number E390-A1. I'm trying to get a blue ray…

Customer Question
I have model number E390-A1...
I have model number E390-A1. I'm trying to get a blue ray player to play my DVD through the tv. The HDMI comes on but the movie won't start. Help!
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/15/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the brand and model of the Blu Ray player? Also, which HDMI port on the TV is it plugged into?

The blue ray brand is Samsung. The model number is ***** The HDMI is in port 2.

Thank you. So, you used the INPUT button on the Vizio remote to select "HDMI 2"- correct? If so, what exactly do you see on your screen?

Are you there and do you need assistance with this?

I'm not available by phone- the website sends that offer without my consent. Please reply back on this page by typing to me to continue.

I'm still here. When I switch to hdmi 1 the screen is dark. There is also no sound.

Okay, you mentioned the Blu Ray is plugged into HDMI 2- so why are you selecting HDMI 1? Select HDMI 2 and let me know what happens.

I am already using hdmi 2 because when I use number 1, it just plays regular tv channels.

Okay I'm completely confused as to what you're doing. I will opt out now.

Ok. Thanks for trying.
Oh, I meant to say that the tv is dark and without any sound when I am plugged into hdmi number 2. I didn't mean to say that I was using 1. Please relay that to my new tech. Thanks.
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Do you have issues with this tv with anything other than bluray? For example does cable/satellite work?
Can you see the vizios own menu screens at all?

Hi. I'm just seeing your text. I'm not having problems with anything else related to the tv. Ive been working with your company for quite some time today. I must go to work ow and won't be able to communicate with you until tomorrow. My phone doesn't work well at my job. I look forward to hearing from you at that time. Thank you.

No problem, just reply back to me tomorrow please with the requested info.

Hi Nathan. I haven't had a chance to test my tv in response to your questions on yesterday. I'll communicate with you tomorrow. Time to go back to work. Sorry.
Thank you