TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I cannot change the channel from analogto digital.

Customer Question
I cannot change the...

I cannot change the channel from analogto digital

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Lc-52d43u

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Only on certain xchannels

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Donèt know what happend

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Upon checking the manual I find misleading info

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 2 days by:
11/18/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Still, consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please see page 33 of the manual.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.