TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony about a year old. Today there is a notice on…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony about a year old. Today there is a notice on the screen - "A new software update is available. Would you like to update now?" I do not know how to update, cancel or remove this large tonice from my screen.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's about a year old. kdl - 40w650D

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv works. It says Wi-TV in the righ lower corner of the message. I don't know if it is a part of the message or separate. I haven't changed the inputs/ I have a hard time getting thing back to where they belong once I move them. It has been on the same input for weeks; 2 channels.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing. I turned it on this morning and it was there. Not there last night.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/15/2017
TV Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

You will need to use the TV remote to select the Update option or Cancel