TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Sony tv showing a large box saying "a new software update is

Sony tv showing a large...
Sony tv showing a large box saying "a new software update is available. Would you like to update now? and then three choices. My cable remote does nothing to get rid of it. I'm old and not tech savy, how can I get rid of this box?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: don't know model, daughter bought it recently for me, it's big, maybe 46", I can't see well and can't hear so she got a big one so I could more easily read the cc.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: maybe 3 months, just used to say updates and I shut it off and when I put tv back on it would be gone. Now the message is different and won't go away. Not sure if it's a cable thing or tv thing.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/15/2017
rwhill1
rwhill1, Customer Service

This is probably the Sony TV itself which is trying to update - can you use the Sony remote to select the 1 of the 3 options using its cursor and OK button. If you select to update, ensure that you don't urn the TV off whilst its updating.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i tried using that remote to no avail, maybe I just don't know how.

Is there a model number on the Sony remote, so that I can look this up and try to help you?

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

rwhill1
rwhill1, Customer Service
rwhill1
rwhill1
rwhill1, Customer Service