TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No picture or. Lightl. Has sound. UN32EH53DDF, No menu,

Customer Question
No picture or. Lightl...

No picture or. Lightl. Has sound.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

UN32EH53DDF

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No menu

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Happened in last hour.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I do have sound

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/15/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.

Would the "...No picture..." be a screen that is all blue, black or white?

And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Model # UN32EH5300F.
TYPE. UN32EH53O0
I LOST PICTURE NOT SOUND. CAN SEE LIGHTS FROM BACK OF TV. SOUND GOOD. DID NOT SEE ANYTHING WITH FLASHLIGHT. THIS IS ALL I DID.

As posted above; ...Would the "...No picture..." be a screen that is all blue, black or white?

Screen black. So far you haven't answered any questions are you going to answer any questions. If you aren't going to help then send my $5 back

Please review all your posts above; what is your question?

You're asking me what my question is again. Picture went out on my TV my Samsung Smart TV I sent you the model number there is a light from behind in the back of the TV the sound I can. I can see the light from the back of the TV I get sound. This is all the information I can send you. I'm not taking the TV apart. Send me an email Susie 756 hotmail.com

Unfortunately, this is an internal hardware issue. The TV would have to be opened up for repairs.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?

No. Do I need a soldering iron to replace a bulb?

The LED 'bulbs' in this TV model are about the same size as a pin head. But if "...CAN SEE LIGHTS FROM BACK OF TV...", then the LED strip would be the least likely suspect.

Then what is the problem. What parts do I have to buy to fix my TV. Is there a repair shop I can take my TV to in Denver Colorado 80218.

Based on the above symptoms and information, the most likely suspect would be the timing control / interface board.

Would insight to the likely Part Number or reference and an online seller serve your need please?

Or would a list of independent TV repair shops near your location be preferred?

Send me both the part number and name. Names of repair shops in the dresses would be helpful and phone numbers
You have not been helpful. Please refund my $5. Thank you.

Done; "...refund my $5..." relayed to Customer Support.
Please do not post a reply so as not to re-open the question thread.