TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My TV and DVD player used to work together, but when I got a…

Customer Question
My TV and DVD...

My TV and DVD player used to work together, but when I got a new TV stand and reconnected them (exactly the same as before) they no longer work together. The cord is fine, they're both plugged in, but I'm getting a no signal message now.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Sceptre 40" TV with LG DVD player

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes I have it on AV, all sources are saying the same. But AV was working with both machines yesterday. Why now is it not working? Everything is the same

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just today it stopped working. Only thing I changed is my TV stand, which obviously is not an issue lol. So what could it be?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you please tell me the complete model number of the tv, and the player/
What cord/connection are you using between them?

Sceptre X405 40" TV and LG DP132 DVD player
Using an AV output cord to connect them
you’re using the red white and yellow cords? Is the TV set to the composite av input mode?
it's on AV in source, and the red white and yellow are all plugged into the correct spots. It uses to work so I can't understand what could have gone wrong without any damage
There are several things that could be damaged while moving them around. Do you have another tv that you could test the DVD player on?
I just checked. It's also saying no signal on the other TV
Okay that points to the player being defective or possibly the cord was damaged. Try another cord if you can. If no change still then the player is damaged and would simply need to be repaired. They are not worth fixing as It would cost $100+ to fix and about $30 to replace.