TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our panasonic plasma tv model th-p50ut50a is not allowing…

Customer Question
Our panasonic plasma tv...

Our panasonic plasma tv model th-p50ut50a is not allowing wireless connection - would you help? It works on and off. Wireless reception is fine in the room - (I am currently using it on my wireless mac). We are using a panasonic wireless adapter model ty-wl20a. thanks Sarah

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Panasonic plasma tv model th-p50ut50a - about 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It stopped working properly a couple of months ago. I have moved the router, got an extender, keep doing to wireless connection test, reset the extender, reset the wireless connection...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think sp

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/15/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, is a USB extension/dock used with the TY-WL20A?

Have you tried moving the adapter away from the TV?

Was the router changed "...a couple of months ago..."

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

I am using the dock with the TY-WL20A adapter. It sits right next to the TV. I haven't moved it away.
I changed the position of the router - and then moved it back to it's normal spot when connection didn't improve. I bought an extender to help with the connection.

For test purposes and only if able, have you tried / can you please try connecting the TY-WL20A adapter directly to USB 2 of the Panasonic TH-P50UT50A?

Are you still there? I have just moved the dock away from the TV but it is still not connecting. I will upload a couple of photos of the connection problem
I can't send you the photos unfortunately. They show the internet is connected, but then brings up connection test which says not connected.
Are you still there?

Yes please post back with clear pictures Click HERE.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.