TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Thanks in advance for the help. I just bought a 40" Sony TV.

Customer Question
Hello and thanks in...

Hello and thanks in advance for the help. I just bought a 40" Sony TV. I cannot figure out how to connect the internet function. I have a network (SANFORD) and I know the associated password, but it is not accepted. Also the directions ask me to push a certain button on my Time Warner router. I do so, but that is not accepted either. I will appreciate any help you can provide.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

I am not iin front of the TV now. It is a new 40" TV. I can use the regular (e.g., news) function but I can't connect the internet, as I just wrote.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I bought the TV last night. I have tried without success to connect the Internet.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/15/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If the TV will not connect to your wireless network, try restarting your wireless router first.

If it still won't connect, try moving the TV closer to the router.

Let me know how you get on.