TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an rca Sld48g45rq-2015 and it will not load Netflix,

Customer Question
I have an rca...

I have an rca Sld48g45rq-2015 and it will not load Netflix, YouTube or any other app, it says it's connected to internet in the menu and wifi works fine everywhere else but on the tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Sld48g45rq-2015

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Rca is the make

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's just the connection to the internet that's not working

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

We moved

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
The apps have not worked since we moved..and the when you go into the menu of the TV it says it's successfully connected to the internet, but like I said nothing internet related will work, including trying to download and firmware update. It will say "download metadata failed"
11/15/2017
TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 8 months ago
Ronald Brock

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question. Could you please tell me who your internet service provider is and how your tv is connected to the internet (ethernet or wireless)

It's connected through wifi and service provider is service electric
TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 8 months ago

Have you attempted to try connecting the tv directly to your cable router to see if that changes the issues or is that possible?

Not possible...
TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 8 months ago

do you have the ability to change the type of wifi network you are broadcasting? for example, can you change it from wpa to wep?

TV Technician: Ronald Brock,
 replied 8 months ago

are you still in need of assistance with your question?