TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My vizio tv will not turn on. no picture and no sound. what…

Customer Question
My vizio tv will...

My vizio tv will not turn on . no picture and no sound. what could the problem be

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4 to 5 years old 55inch smart tv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing will come on no lighted vizio nothing

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I turned the tv off the night before and then tried to turn it on the next morning nothing happened

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

The serial number islappglal3100081 xvt5538v

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/14/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand if there are absolutely no signs of life on the TV at all- this indicates a faulty power supply board in many cases (and could require replacement of that part to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Please try those steps and reply back to proceed.