TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My volume is stuck at 1 volume that mute does not work

Customer Question
My volume is stuck...

My volume is stuck at 1 volume that mute does not work either and my volume button doesn't work up or down no bar graft on TV got out old TV my remote works on that TV I had did have to reprogram it but it has been program to my Vizio for about a year or so it's not my remote everything else worked on my TV this volume was stuck at one level

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

I'm guessing it's a year old I did not get extended warranty I thought it would be good it is a E Series 60 inch

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works and yes the volume does not work properly on like when I use my Joey cuz I have Dish Network the volume does not work properly on it either

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It started last Friday night and nothing to my knowledge no big electrical storms or anything like that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/14/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand these symptoms would point to a fault in the set's Mainboard (which processes the volume among other functions). In some cases this requires replacement of the mainboard to fix the issue. Unfortunately this is a common VIZIO occurrence since they're buyout a couple of years ago.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and the volume responds normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.